Global Wellness Day - Tune in this Saturday June 12th 2021
“One day can change your life” – Global Wellness.org
In just afew days, we welcome the arrival of GWD: “Global Wellness Day”. GWD aims to promote wellness via a 12 hour free live stream across six continents.
This Saturday 12th June, marks the 10th anniversary for Global Wellness Day, with this year’s theme, for both adults and children, focusing around “Protecting Mental Wellness During and After the Pandemic”.
Founded in 2012 by Belgin Aksoy, Global Wellness Day is an entirely not-for-profit day which is an international social project dedicated to living well. The fundamental purpose of the day is to make us aware of the value of our lives. Even if it’s for one day of the year, to make us stop and think to get away from the stress of city living and our bad habits, and thereby find peace within ourselves.
Tune into www.globalwellness.org to get involved with the day. The 12-hour, free livestream intends to illustrate the value of being proactive and taking responsibility for our own physical and mental health with ten-minute segments on topics that range from nutrition and exercise to scientific breakthroughs for fighting pathogens, to fortifying mental health and building compassionate communities.
The livestream includes talks from: an award-winning nature cinematographer; a biophysicist/former NASA scientist and light sciences expert; an Olympic gold medallist; best-selling authors; nutritionists, spiritual leaders and more.
According to the GWD, the most common health care problem on earth is depression, and they offer the below 7 step manifesto as a way of balancing wellbeing.
GWD’s 7-Step Manifesto
- Walk for an hour: “Walking cam keep you fit and help you to feel happier as the brain secretes endorphins whilst we walk. Muscles get stronger, belly fat can be lost and cholesterol can be reduced”
- Drink More Water “People who drink less water might suffer exhaustion, attention deficiency and memory problems”.
- Reduce Plastic Bottle Use “Waste from plastic bottles can cause damage to both our health and the environment”.
- Eat Healthy Food “Try to consume foods which are produced naturally” and opt for the healthier option 80% of the time.
- Do a Good Deed “See how you will change your life through this simple act”
- Eat meals without smart phones and TV. When with loved ones and, or I company of another, talk about your day and listen.
- Go to sleep and wake around the same time each day. “Sleep is a critical process during which our body regulates everything and repairs and heals itself. Get at least 7-8 hours sleep when possible.