Which of your Charkras may be Blocked?
Chakra is a word translated from Sanskrit, meaning disk-like wheel. There are seven chakras located in the body of each of us. Each chakra “wheel”, when spinning properly, allows Qi energy to flow through it, thus maintaining good health.
How can we tell if Our Chakras are Blocked?
If one or more chakras spins very fast, we feel hyper, tense, even nervous, thus making us feel burned out. Or if any of our chakras are spinning very slowly, it causes us to feel tired, ungrounded and lacking energy.
Simple Ways of Knowing if our Chakras Are Blocked
There are a few signs that we can notice to find out that our chakras may be blocked.
- A significant sign of recognising if our chakras are out of balance is experiencing unexplainable anxiety and even nightmares. Physically, health problems related to colon, bladder, lower back, feet or legs.
- Another sign of blocked chakra is hypertension that causes tightness of the chest while breathing, including allergy and asthma-related breathing problems.
- If someone is experiencing jealousy, anger, or resentment, it cuts a person off from positive thinking to achieve their inner peace and love.
- A lack of self-confidence, decreased focus or shattered thinking patterns. These experiences commonly lead to emotional and physical disconnection from people or life.
How to Know Which of your Chakras are Blocked?
Below are signs to know if different chakras are blocked:
- Feeling stuck in life
- Stress regarding life circumstances
- Low self-esteem
- Pain and stiffness in feet and legs
- Feeling ungrounded, chaotic, insecure and unsettled
- Lack of emotional or sexual intimacy
- A struggle toward a healthy self-image
- Decreased self-confidence
- Lower back and hip mobility problems
- Loss of imagination and creativity
- Out of touch with emotions
Solar Plexus Chakra
- Feeling powerless or victimised
- Struggling to keep up with your relationships
- Not committed to yourself because of poor self-esteem
- Digestive issues and abdominal pain
- Overinflated ego
- Fear of commitment
- The need to hold grudges
- Asthma and allergies
- Pain in your upper back or chest
- Tight or overly flexible shoulders
- Lack of self-compassion
- Unable to emotionally connect to others
- Fear of speaking up, fear of speaking your truth, fear of speaking your thoughts
- Sore throat
- Jaw pain or habit of grinding the teeth
- Pain or stiffness in the neck
- Nervously cannot stop talking.
Third Eye Chakra
- Struggling to find meaning in life
- Difficulty making decisions
- Headaches and tension in the brow area
- Brain fog
- Lack of Inspiration
- Over imagination
- Loneliness, feelings of insignificance, and aimlessness
- Difficulty in connecting to the spiritual part of living
- Being materialistic
- Migraines and tension headaches
- Unable to respect others point of view or ideas
What Causes Chakras to be Blocked?
Some of the most common causes, which cause a blocked chakra, are stress and anxiety. These directly influence our body, creating a tightness within the body’s tissue, restricting the flow of Qi or Prana. Prolonged stress, anxiety, or negative emotions, can reduce the mind’s ability to focus peacefully (meditating) on energy flow throughout the body.
Just like when we are having a hard time driving to work because the traffic is blocking the route we are travelling. Similarly, our chakras cannot function at their best when there is a blockage in the energy pathway. Common causes that hinder a smooth energy flow through our chakras include physical, emotional or psychological, or spiritual blockage.
How do you Realign Your Chakras?
One of the best ways of realigning the chakras is to spend more time outdoors in nature. Sitting or walking barefoot on the grass are beautiful ways that lead to feeling more connected to nature’s healing energy. It will also help create a more grounded energy, which will bring more peace into our life.
Another way, which can be practised at home, is creative visualisation. Once our mind is clear, try picturing images that represent happiness or love for ourselves and others.
Key Take away
Once we get to know more about our chakras, we can understand our inner thoughts, likes, dislikes and feelings. Connecting to this part, deep within ourselves, is the step we need the most toward healing and personal growth.