Beautifully Nourished's 5 HTP
5 HTP, short for 5-Hydroxytryptophan, is a naturally occurring amino acid and chemical precursor as well as a metabolic intermediate in the biosynthesis of the neurotransmitter Serotonin.
Serotonin levels can affect mood, sleep patterns, appetite, memory, learning and impulse control. The level of serotonin in the brain has an adverse effect on our state of restfulness and restlessness.
Beautifully Nourished’s 5HTP has been extracted from the seeds of the African plant know as 'Griffonia Simplicifolia' and precisely dosed to provide safe and effective levels of this essential amino acid, with the aim to support mental wellbeing, mood and clarity.
Beautifully Nourished's 5-HTP is dosed at 100mg per tablet for safe and effective results.
How it Works
5-HTP is not present naturally in foods and can only be acquired through a supplement. Listed below are 5HTP recommended dosages for different concerns:
- 5HTP 250–300 mg supplement, 30 minutes before a meal for weight management.
- 5HTP 50–100 mg, 3 times per day with meals to enhance mood and support with PMS and PMDD.
- 5HTP 100 mg supplement, 3–4 times per day with meals for Fibromyalgia symptom relief. Use for at least two weeks to notice a beneficial effect.
- 5HTP 100–200 mg, 2–3 times per day with meals to support anxiety. Use for two to three weeks to notice a beneficial effect.
- 5HTP 100–300 mg, 30–45 minutes before bed to aid sleep.
Griffonia Simplicifolia Extract (99per- 5HTP)
Suitable for Vegetarians: Yes
Suitable for Vegans: Yes
Take one tablet daily to start with and increase to a maximum of three tablets daily.
Volume: 60 Tablets
All of our Beautifully Nourished products are shipped to our customers via biodegradable, compostable mailer bags.