Dewy skin and getting that hydrated glow is one of the hottest trends right now & it is here to stay. You know when you see someone and they look as though they never skipped a day of SPF in their life? - They look as though they have highlighter permanently embalmed within their dermis, and you double glance and wonder how this is real and in the flesh. Pure natural glowing beauty. You think to yourself that they must drink over 2 litres of water a day, munch on sunflower seeds through the entirety of the day, only eat healthy foods and live in a stress free bubble - To those measures having skin like theirs seems almost impossible right? Wrong.
✨ Want Glowing Skin Without Make-up?✨ Here's How:
First of all - let's keep it real. Is there a cream we can apply or a tablet we can take that can make us glow 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Of course not! We are humans, not lightbulbs.
What we can do however is hydrate and heal the skin. This is the best way to achieve dewy skin . Even if you have skin concerns that you think you have to hide away with make-up. You really do not need to! You can achieve glowing skin without makeup and we are going to help you. Because dewy skin is always in.
Below, we explore the best glowing skin hacks and useful beauty tips to help your skin concerns and make you, that glowing skin girl.
✨The Origins of Dewy Skin✨
Just like all trends, beauty trends come and go. Remember back in 2016 when we all over filled in our brows? And we would spend most of the morning making sure the shapes were identical? Fast forward to now, we all prefer our brows to be sisters, not twins and soft, but fluffy and much more natural.
Today, skinimalism is in and it's much more efficient in the morning to. Waking up with glowing skin, putting a little bit of mascara and lip gloss on and you are ready to go, or glow!
Dewy skin is natural, fresh, and subtle. No matter what your skin type or tone is, you can achieve “the glow” by focusing on how you hydrate and cleanse your skin.
While we can recommend our complete glow guide (below) it is good to understand the why of the routine and how each product is going to work for your glow.
✨Which Vitamins are Best for The Skin?✨
Three Essential Ingredients for your Glow: Vitamins A, C & E . Vitamins A, C and E are a great anti-ageing combination.
Both the upper and lower layers of our skin need vitamin A. The vitamin is incredibly nourishing and seems to prevent sun damage by interrupting the process that breaks down collagen. As an antioxidant, it prevents then effects of free radicals and provides the skin protection.
Aside from its immune-boosting benefits, vitamin C is significant for collagen synthesis, wound healing and healthy skin. It also helps to protect the skin from free radical damage and sun damage and ensures radiant skin. Vitamin C helps to brighten and even skin tone.
Vitamin E is a wonderful emollient and incredibly moisturising. This antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient can also absorb the energy from UV light, which damages skin and leads to wrinkles, sagging, and skin cancer. It works with vitamin C to strengthen cell walls and promote skin plumpness.
✨ Which Ingredients are best for the skin? ✨
Essentially, antioxidants scavenge for free radicals formed by UV radiation, environmental toxins and the body's internal metabolic processes.
Free radicals cause inflammation, accelerates cellular ageing, damage DNA and promote the breakdown of collagen and elastin, leading to wrinkles. A daily dose of antioxidants can mop up free radicals and prevent oxidative damage.
✨AHA Fruit Acid✨
AHA fruit acids are great for exfoliating dead skin cells, revealing brighter and more even skin tone and texture.
AHA is an abbreviation for Alpha Hydroxy Acid, which exfoliates the skin's surface and helps improve upon moisture content.
✨Glycolic Acid ✨
Glycolic acid has the smallest molecule of all AHA's, meaning it can penetrate the skin the fastest and with the best result. The function in skincare is to remove old dry and chapped skin cells and to minimise wrinkles and lines in the skin.
Hyaluronic acid is able to hold up to 1,000 times it's weight in water, which is one of the many reasons that it has received so much respect as a wonderful hydrator.
Hyaluronic acid is also a humectant, meaning it can draw moisture from it's surroundings into the skin.
✨ Your Complete Glowing Skin Guide ✨
How to have glowing skin naturally is all about gentle cleansing and using layers of clean, hydrating products until you achieve the glow you’re looking for. Getting a gorgeous glow isn’t a one routine fits everyone kind of thing because we all have different skin types.
In general, this is a guide that anyone can follow, but if you have specific skincare concerns, we’ll tell you what to do and what to avoid below.
Let’s get glowing!
✨ What are the Glowing Skin Products? ✨
1. Think Vitamin ACE
After exfoliation, our Vitamin ACE brightening face serum with Vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid should be used to:
- Give your skin a targeted glow boost
- Blur pores and imperfections
- Visibly fade pigmentation and dark spots
- Even skin tone for silky smooth skin
- Lightweight and natural blend, with carrot infusion for it's signature orange hue.
✨ Vitamin ACE Facial Serum ✨
Beautifully Nourished's Vitamin ACE serum contains a multivitamin complex combining vitamins A, C & E, uplifting the radiance and vitality of the skin. Blended with carrot infusion, the serum stimulates collagen production and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
✨ Vitamin ACE Facial Moisturiser ✨
One absorbed, our Vitamin ACE Moisturiser should be applied. The lightweight Vitamin C + AHA face cream delivers visibly brighter skin and more even skin tone and texture, instantly.
The Vitamin rich, Vitamin ACE Moisturiser will encourage collagen production, resulting in tighter, firmer skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. With added AHA fruit acid, the vitamin ACE moisturiser will brighten and hydrate the skin, leaving it feeling soft and silky smooth. The Vitamin C, E and A moisturiser also hydrates skin instantly offering bright skin and even skin tone.
How to get clear, naturally glowing skin? Shop our Vitamin ACE range Here
2. Glowing Skin Supplements
Alongside topical face creams, our nutritional choices are a game changer when it comes to how our skin presents.
Beautifully Nourished's Selenium ACE (Anti ageing vitamins) provide a protective blend of antioxidants, synergistically dosed to maintain skin health and has the ability to reduce the visible signs of ageing by protecting the body’s cells against the damaging effects of free radicals.
Here at Beautifully Nourished, we believe that Selenium is one of the most unsung hero's in the world of vitamins, which is why we feature 400% of daily RNI alongside our Vitamin ACE blend.
Our marine collagen Hair Nail and Skin Complex can we taken simultaneously with our Selenium ACE blend for outstanding results.
✨How Many Litres of Water for Glowing Skin?✨
Water needs to be your first choice, since it gives you radiant skin and zero calories. The recommended amounts of water that you should be drinking according to experts is 2.7 litres of water for women. This includes any beverages, fruits and vegetables you drink with high water content.
✨The Enemies of Glowing Skin✨
Specific Skin Concerns and Things to Avoid:
- Avoid using harsh, drying soaps.
- After gently cleansing the skin, apply a nutritious serum such as Beautifully Nourished's Vitamin ACE Facial Serum. This will deliver powerful ingredients directly into the skin's cells.
- Moisturise your skin with Vitamin ACE Moisturiser as it seals and locks moisture into the skin to keep water from escaping.
- Those with sensitive skin should be cautious of using skincare with retinol
- All Beautifully Nourished products are designed for sensitive skin
When it comes to food, avoid over-processed, junk food with empty calories. Opt instead for skin nourishing, nutritionally dense foods.
Avoid skipping sleep, too much alcohol and stressful situations.
✨ Internal Factors ✨
Hormonal changes: During periods of hormonal fluctuations, such as our monthly cycle, skin and sebum within skin can flux and can become oily. Often we see a stubborn spot afew days before our bleeding days to let us know what is soon arriving.
Poor cell renewal: We shed millions of dead skin cells each day, which can pile up on top of each other like dust particles on a surface, preventing skin from reflecting light, and dimming its natural glow. This is why it is so important to exfoliate. As we age, our skin’s cell renewal ability declines, causing an increase in the build-up of dead skin cells.
✨External Factors ✨
Sunlight: UV rays, as we know can induce hyperpigmentation and over time contribute to conditions such as age spots (sunspots). Over-exposure to ultraviolet light can result in a leathery, dry, sagging appearance of the skin. This is why it is always, always important to use SPF, even on cloudy days.
Using the Wrong Cleanser for Your Skin: Cleansing is a very important step in the goal of radiant skin but over cleansing or using a products that’s too harsh for your skin can impair your skin’s cell structure and diminish the barrier function of the epidermis layer. Whilst their is a trend to double cleanse the skin - do not get carried away. Make sure you match right cleansers for skin tone.
Diet and Lifestyle: The foods we eat, the amount of water we drink, whether we smoke or not, how much exercise we take daily, stress we are exposed to, people we are exposed to - these are all contributing factors to our skin health.
✨Glowing Skin Naturally Tips ✨
- Cleanse. Gently cleansing gets rid of all the dirt, make-up or grime, which is why it should always be the first step in your morning and evening routine.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliating skincare helps remove the dead skin cells on your skin surface, revealing your skin’s natural glow while also maximising the effect of all the products you’ll apply afterwards in your regimen by increasing the penetration of anti-ageing ingredients.
- Use a serum and opt for skincare with hyaluronic acid. When your skin is low on moisture and it needs an extra hydration kick, serums can help give your skin what it needs.
- Moisturise. Keeping your skin hydrated is one of the most important steps you can take to keep your skin looking young. Your body produces less natural oils as you age, and that can result in fine lines and wrinkles forming.
- Vitamin A - Vitamin A is composed of two parts: retinoids, which include retinol, and carotenoids which include beta-carotine. When it comes to anti-ageing, Vitamin A is one of the most powerful anti ageing ingredients as it helps surface skin-cell turnover.
- Hyaluronic Acid. This ingredient acts like a sponge that sucks up an incredible amount of water and then traps it in the skin. It helps moisturise the skin and helps fill in those fine lines for younger-looking, plump skin.
- SPF. While this may be the last thought in your regimen, it’s fair to say that this is one of the most important ones. The sun’s UV rays are responsible for up to 80% of the signs of premature skin ageing. These rays can even penetrate clouds and glass windows, and they can get deep into the surface of your skin, causing visible skin ageing, such as wrinkles and fine lines.
- Skincare Vitamin C - Vitamin C in skincare will brighten and tighten the face leaving the skin feeling replenished and refreshed.
- Skincare Natural - Avoid any nasties that strip the skin of its natural oils.
✨In Glowing Summary✨
If you consider yourself a glow-getter, we hope that you enjoyed today's complimentary guide on how to get glowing skin and our beautifully nourished tips for clear, radiant skin.
When followed correctly, our glow guide will leave you with glossy, hydrated and smooth, baby-soft skin. These radiant skin essentials will set you well on your way to boost naturally glowy skin, all year round.